Who We Are

Welcome to the LanCo Whole Health Group Blog! We started as a few employees at CNH interested in learning more about nutrition and general well-being. Since our first meeting in January of 2011 our membership has increasingly grown within our local company offices as well as to a number of friends and family outside of our area. We invite you to become a member as well!

For everyone else, check in often! A weekly email blast is created and sent to our members with Nutrition News, Tips, Workouts, Inspiration, Ideas, and more.

Disclaimer: We are in no way, shape, form, or manner officially associated, branded, supported, or encouraged by CNH America, LLC or any of its' various corporate attachments. We're a group of people dedicated to seeking better health - and we want you to join our family.

Click the comment button and say HI!

08 February 2011

Nutrition - 8 Feb 2011 - Meeting today...and a recipe!

Happy Tuesday, All!

The weatherman says another cold snap is on its way so this morning I greeted the rain with an upturned face and thanks. While I enjoy the winter – who isn’t ready for a shot of spring, really? Speaking of – did you take advantage of the awesome weather we had on Sunday? It was the perfect day to just strap on a pair of shoes and get out there! Personally, I hit the road running. With no goal in sight. When I hit the end of the road, I turned left and eventually ended up back in my town. By the time I made it home – 7 glorious miles were behind me – and almost an 40,000 IU’s of Vitamin D were coursing through my veins by the hour spent in the full sun. THAT’s what I call supplementation! (By the way, Vitamin D supplements only come in 500 and 1000 IU capsules – recommendation is 1K to 5K for supplementation.)

Today we’re going to review your progress so far. We will also discuss some of the questions you have had over the week. With what time we have left, I am planning to cover a couple of topics – supplementation and steps to achieve a healthy lifestyle (a collection of ideas from some of our top minds). And did I forget to mention – eat the amazing flour-less bread Sandi and Gail will be treating us to?

Upcoming topics – Digestion/Hormones, Grains, Beans, Dairy…any other requests?

Nutrition Tip of the Day – Keep it simple! Are you thinking of food every waking moment? Are you nit-picking your food choices or struggling to make good choices? Just relax. It’s super easy. Mostly, it’s our brains that make it complicated. The following is a post by Sarah Fragoso of everydaypaleo.com about her thoughts about what eating Paleo really means. I was just searching for new recipes when I saw this. She was mentored by Robb Wolf who I respect highly. Her words make a lot of sense – the recipe looks amazing as well! Let me know what you think!

To lean meats and veggies,

Mike.

What does eating Paleo REALLY Mean?? And a recipe….

Before you started eating paleo, did food rule your life? It ruled mine. I had such a sucky relationship with food. I loved, and still do love food but I was constantly trying to do things better, “eat right”, stay away from this, add that back in, eat more, eat less,so I zoned, Atkined, South Beached, and Suzanne Somered, and what I did was I ate my way straight to the looney bin along with adding on pounds, health issues, and total confusion about what was good for me! To make a long story short, I finally was introduced to eating paleo and EVERYTHING changed, but, it was not an overnight light bulb moment. I have been asked before how long it took me to, “get paleo eating down.” The truth is, eating paleo is about the freaking easiest thing on the planet, it was getting my head right that was the learning curve. Eating paleo is so easy in fact that I tried my darnedest to make it as hard as possible. I freaked out over EVERYTHING. I remember sobbing to Robb Wolf almost daily at the gym – Robb, is this paleo, is that paleo is THIS OR THAT OR THIS PALEO until he looked at me one day and said, “Well, how do you feel?” I thought for a minute and realized that I felt pretty amazing and before he even replied I knew the answer, all that I was eating was paleo and paleo for me, and today I darn well know it when I eat something that is not paleo for me – because my body let’s me know in often extremely vicious ways! This whole “paleo thing” is not a one size fits all program. In fact, it’s not a program. It’s life and a better life because eating paleo means eating food that makes you feel amazing instead of fat, lazy, unhealthy, and sick. If you felt ok before, eating paleo might mean maximizing your potential and realizing that just feeling ok is pretty lousy compared to feeling VITALITY!!

Click the link above to read the rest of the post - AND get the recipe - Shrimp Loves Coconut!

No comments:

Post a Comment